Your OFN account
You can create an account with OFN by visiting the orange padlock or ‘Login’ in the top right hand corner of the screen.
After registering you will be sent an email asking you to confirm your email address.
If you do not receive this email then check your spam or junk folder; it may have been directed there by mistake. If you still can not find your account confirmation email then contact your local OFN support team.
Many shops on the platform allow customers to check out as a guest. It is up to the manager of your local shop whether they permit this or not.
If you would like to purchase as a guest but are required to login when you get to the checkout then you can drop their management team (contact details found under ‘Contacts’ tab at the top of the page) an email or phone call.
- Your transaction and order history are saved. You will be able to see what you have purchased in the past. Useful if you really liked that jar of jam and can’t remember the exact brand or flavour.
- When you log in you will be able to easily navigate to the shop you last visited and purchased from: Click on the ‘Shopping @ ‘ button in the right hand corner of the screen.
- Having an OFN account will enable the business you shop from to give you special privileges. For example some businesses will offer early ‘opening times’ for loyal customers, discounted delivery for groups who live close to one another, money off purchases for volunteers… etc. To access any of these things (should they exist) you will need to have an OFN account.
This depends on how the business you are shopping with operates. You will need to register for an OFN account if:
- The shop you would like to access is ‘private’. For example a member’s only buying group.
- You would like the shop you purchase from to set you up with a regular, automated order (called a subscription).
Information in your account (such as card details and password) will not be accessible to anyone other than yourself. Card details and passwords are stored encrypted and securely.
When making a purchase through the platform you will be asked for a billing and shipping address, whether you have an OFN account or are checking out as a guest. Businesses are required to collect billing address information by law for the traceability of payments. If you have an account, this information will be filled in automatically for you. If you checkout as a guest you will need to type it in each time you make a purchase.
To view your OFN account, log in and then click on the orange person in the top right of the screen. This will reveal a drop down menu from which you can navigate to your account.
Under this tab you will be able to see all the orders you have made in the past. Clicking on ‘View’ will bring up an order summary in a new tab. This is handy if you can’t remember the name of something you brought in the past which you really liked and would like to purchase again!